Why Book an Author Visit?
According to schoolvisitexperts.com, here are the pros and cons!
Virtual and In-Person Sessions Currently Available:
Sherrill can visit virtually with families, classrooms, and groups; or, in-person with classrooms and groups (in select regions of the U.S.) for:
• A BOOK CLUB VISIT using the author’s Books 1, 2, or 3 and the corresponding Book 1 Study Guide (optional) . This can be at the culmination of your book club, or the author can join in the discussion at any point in the book, ask questions from her Guide if desired, and/or answer teacher/parent and student questions.
• An AUTHOR DROP-IN for one or two classes/groups: Ask her anything that’s school appropriate. Sherrill will discuss how and when she became a writer, FAQs and answers, some information about her characters, and answer as many of your school- or group-appropriate questions as possible. If time permits, she will read an excerpt from one of her books.
• More topics are pending. Requests will be considered.
• The Books 2 – 4 Study Guides are pending.
Virtual and In-Person Session Details and Costs*:
• A Book Club visit (20-40 minutes) for up to six students + 1-2 adults—FREE
• Author drop-in (30-90 minutes) for one or two classes/a group, up to 60 students and/or a pre-arranged number of adults —FREE
*In-person sessions are typically limited to local San Diego, California, area schools/groups. Outside San Diego: Please contact me to discuss availability and costs.
Author Visit Booking and Resources:
For Information or to Book Your Author Visit with Sherrill Joseph
Free Nutmeg Street Study Guide
Ways to Fund an Author Visit
Book Chapter Quizzes–pending
Author’s Calendar of Events
September 15, 2021; 9:30 – 10:30 a.m., PDT: In-Person (Author Drop-In) School Visit; Ms. Kristina Sipe’s 5th grade class, St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School, San Diego, CA
January 27, 2022; 10:30 – 11:15 a.m., PST: Virtual (Author Drop-In) School Visit; Mrs. Alfano’s and Mrs. Beky’s 5th grade classes, Shoemaker Elementary School, Macungie, PA
February 11, 2022; 10:30 – 11:15 a.m., PST: Virtual (Author Drop-In) School Visit; Mrs. Alfano’s and Mrs. Beky’s 5th grade classes, Shoemaker Elementary School, Macungie, PA
October 19, 2022; 9:00 – 10:00 a.m., PDT: In-Person (Author Drop-In) School Visit; Ms. Kristina Sipe’s 5th grade class, St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School, San Diego, CA